I first saw this recipe in my friend’s cellphone. It was a 3gp video clip of a cooking show. I modified his recipe because I was looking for a different taste. But the overall process is pretty much the same. So easy is this recipe that my 11-year old nephew did a batch all by himself.
My oven is broken at this time so I used an oven toaster as a substitute. Remember to get mini pizza crusts if you’re using a toaster as the regular ones won’t fit for sure. Let’s get down to business.
- 5-6 inch pizza crust
- Pizza sauce (you can create your own by mixing tomato sauce and tomato paste, add some garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and basil)
- White onions
- Quickmelt and parmesan cheese (you can opt to use mozzarella but it’s 4 times as expensive and bland)
- Hickory sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro
Mise en place:
- Boil chicken until cooked. Shred into small pieces. Season lightly.
- Slice onions and tomatoes into rings. You can seed the tomato since it can make the dough soggy.
- Grate the cheese.
- Chop cilantro coarsely.
- Add hickory sauce to the shredded chicken. Approximate and adjust how strong you want the flavor to be.
- Spoon pizza sauce on the crust.
- Put a generous amount of chicken on top. Spread evenly.
- Place the onions and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and finally top it with quickmelt cheese.
- Pop it into the toaster for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle cilantro all over.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
Eat while it’s hot! Enjoy!